Monday, August 27, 2007

Do I have anything to say?

Probably.
I wrote something today during class.
Well, I wrote lots of things today during class.
I wrote "Spicy Chicken from Wendy's" at least once...
I was growing fixated as my stomach rumbled and growled.
I also wrote something about the beauty of getting lost in the ordinary tasks of life, but I can't remember what it was.
Somehow the idea appealed to me.
Odd.
Usually it inspires revulsion in me.
I slept funny on my neck last night and it is so fucking uncomfortable today that I'm about ready to go sprawl on the couch and watch a couple of back episodes of Last Comic Standing just so I can laugh away the pain.
I already tried taking drugs and making cookies, but so far I am still in pain.
I mean, the cookies were sort of a long shot, I realize this, but the drugs should have done something!!
Usually Aleve is my drug of choice, specifically for the aches and pains that come with reaching the ripe old age of 23 (or possibly 32...I tend to be a little dyslexic when it comes to age lately...).
However.
I didn't have any in my ABSOLUTELY ENORMOUS backpack (which may have something to do with the sore shoulder/neck issue) and I was growing desperate.
I had to go to the copy center to pick up a printed version of my philosophy professor's homemade textbook and would you believe my luck?
Would you????
The campus pharmacy was RIGHT NEXT DOOR!!!
Both of which were located down the hall from the bowling alley and around the corner from the computer lab, but that's irrelevant.
For now.
Anyway.
They didn't have Aleve, but they had a generic brand so I greedily bought it and popped a couple.
Well.
About an hour later I felt a very odd sensation in my shoulder region, as the pain shifted to a new feeling.
It was still pain, just a different color.
Fuuuuuck.
Oh well.
I'm sure it'll be gone soon.

Um.
Any more stories...?
Can't think of any.
Kids' first day of school today and that went fine.
They both had mini panic attacks when I dropped them off, which was friggin' weird as hell, cuz they're not anxious kids, in general, but they had a good day.
Bleh.

Ok, time to go be productive.
(it is so weird to write when there's no one reading!! I'm accustomed to addressing PEOPLE and this is like standing in front of an empty concert hall, speaking my lines anyway...)

No comments: